Cavan Lake Recreational Campground is located 18 km east of Medicine Hat on Highway 1, then 5.5 km south on Range Road 40 (4 km of this is gravel surface).
Sandy Point Park is located approximately 100 km northeast of Medicine Hat, or 27 km north of Hilda, on Highway 41 along the South Saskatchewan River.
For more information on other campgrounds, which are open from May 1 to Sept. 30, please visit our Places to Stay page
- 78 sites (60 with 30 amp power), about half are seasonal
- Fire pits and free firewood
- Playground, horseshoe pits
- Pit toilets (no sani-dump)
- Day-use area
- Fishing (stocked with rainbow trout), maximum boat speed 12 km/hr
- No reservations (payment accepted at time of check-in
- Caretaker on-site, phone (403) 979-1788
- Both parks are open for camping from May 1 until September 30.
- No water no sewer hook-ups, no sani-dump
- Non-potable water - NOT CURRENTLY AVAILABLE
See more of Cavan Lake Campground on Flickr
- 15 non-power sites
- Fire pits with free firewood
- Pull-through sites
- Non-potable water
- Pit toilets
- OptionPay may be used to pay nightly camping fees
- Day-use area
See more of Sandy Point Park on Flickr
- Pay by using OptionPay here or by cash only at time of self check in, please have exact payment as change is not available.
More information and seasonal camping site inquiries can be obtained by sending a note to firstname.lastname@example.org or contacting the county office.
|Municipal Park - Sandy Point|
|Municipal Park - Cavan Lake|
|Seasonal (confirm renewals before April 1, pay before May 1)|
OptionPay is an optional payment method for campers who have found a site and do not want to use cash