Cypress County has been approached by two different organizations in the County to support projects through financial assistance. County Council is inviting public consultation and stakeholder engagement regarding these projects to determine the level of support that Cypress County residents have towards using public money for either or both recreation facilities.
Cypress County has hired SAGE Analytics Inc. to facilitate the public consultation and stakeholder engagement for the proposed recreation facilities. Residents can provide input through a survey and open houses. The consultation results will be provided to the Cypress County Council on September 17, 2019.
- Prairie Rose School Division has made a formal request to Cypress County to partner on the capital construction and operating costs for a new hockey arena/training facility.
- The Dunmore Equestrian Society has approached Cypress County requesting financial assistance towards the construction of a new indoor equestrian center.
Studies for both of these projects can be found below.
These are significant projects for the County and Cypress County Council strongly urges you to participate in this consultation and engagement process by providing your comments and input for each of the proposed facilities.
Survey Access (available July 8 – August 7):
- Dunmore County Office: Monday, July 29; 1:00-3:00 p.m.
- Irvine Sports Complex: Monday, July 29; 7:00-9:00 p.m.
- Seven Persons Community Hall: Tuesday, July 30; 1:00-3:00 p.m.
- Dunmore County Office: Tuesday, July 30; 7:00-9:00 p.m.
Each open house will have a consistent message and will begin with a short presentation. Information regarding both projects as well as opportunities to complete the survey and provide feedback directly to SAGE Analytics Inc.
Your input is very valuable in this process and will assist Cypress County Council in its decision in considering the requests to provide financial support to either or both organizations to construct the proposed recreation facilities.