The agricultural services department receives direction from the Agricultural Service Board (ASB). This department is responsible for administering and developing programs to compliment the Agricultural Service Board Act, the Weed Control Act, the Agricultural Pests Act and the Soil Conservation Act.
Other areas of responsibility include hamlet park maintenance, brush control in rights-of-way and agricultural education and awareness.
Livestock Tax deferral Provision
Crop Insurance Program
ASB Year End Reports
At the end of each year the ASB Chairman prepares a report on the ASB's activities. To view these reports please visit the Agricultural Services Board folder on the Documents page
ASB News Newsletter
Cypress County's ASB, in partnership with the County of Forty Mile, publishes a newsletter highlighting new and interesting subject matter affecting agriculture. To view these newsletters please visit the Agricultural Services Board folder on the Documents page.
ASB Agendas & Minutes
Agendas and Minutes for ASB meetings can be found on the Documents Page under Agendas & Minutes > Agricultural Services Board
Agricultural Service Board Contact Info
- Dustin Vossler (Chairman)
- Phone: (403) 502-1834
- Email: email@example.com
- Michelle McKenzie
- Phone: (403) 878-5705
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Shane Hok
- Phone: (403) 504-9753
- Email: email@example.com
- Conny Kappler (member at large)
- Phone: (403) 580-5582
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Josh Beck (member at large)
- Phone: (403) 548-9809
- Email: email@example.com
- Lisa Sulz (Agricultural Supervisor)
- Phone: (403) 526-2888
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Kennedy Fandrick (Assistant Agricultural Fieldman)
- Phone: (403) 526-2888
- Email: email@example.com
- Braiden Bodin (Agricultural Technician)
- Phone: (403) 526-0888
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
AAAF Memorial Bursary
Agricultural Service Board Bursary
- Bursaries are available to students wishing to continue their education at a College or University. Students must be enrolled in an Agricultural related program.
- Two $1,000 bursaries are available in each calendar year. Applications, with all supporting documentation, must be received by the Agricultural Supervisor by September 30th of each year.
- More information and then application form, can be found here.
Canadian Agricultural Partnership
2015 Crop Variety Guides
Environmental Farm Plans and Canadian Agricultural Partnership
Hamlet Parks Maintenance
Here are some links to agriculturally related programs and information:
If anyone thinks that they’ve seen a rat they are encouraged to call the Cypress County office at (403) 526-2888.
Grain Bags Recycling
- The producer contacts the County regarding the program and registers how many bags they have to be recycled.
- Producers are required to stretch out their bags and ensure they are cleaned of any big clumps of grain prior to County staff arriving at location. County staff will bring the grain bag roller to where the grain bags are located and assist the producer in the rolling and recycling process.
- Grain bags are then loaded into a trailer with the assistance of the producer and transported by the County to be recycled.
- Pickup twine recycling bags at the County office in Dunmore, or at any of the transfer sites.
- Bag twine.
- Drop off at a transfer site.
15 Foot Land Roller (can be filled with water)
20 Foot Land Roller with Levelling Blade (can be filled with water)
Two x 14 foot Sunflower No-Till Seed Drills
RFID Tag Reader
Shelterbelt Mulch Applicator
Skunk and Raccoon Traps
Pasture Pipeline Plow