Family and Community Support Services (FCSS) are locally driven preventative social initiatives that enhance the well being of children, families, individuals and communities. We partner with a number of local agencies to provide counseling and skill building to students, adults and families. This includes McMan Youth, Family & Community Services, Medicine Hat Family Services, and the family school liaison workers in the Prairie Rose School Division. A general overview of FCSS programs can be seen on a provincial association video
Special transportation services
, in cooperation with Deluxe Central Taxi, are available to those persons with special needs who are unable to drive themselves. Once approved, the resident can get to and from their county home and Medicine Hat or Redcliff for a 50-50 cost share.
The Cypress View Foundation provides supportive social housing for low to moderate-income seniors. The County, the Town of Redcliff and the City of Medicine Hat operate this non-profit organization to provide affordable senior housing and corresponding services, for those in greatest need, in an efficient, effective and caring manner.
Go for Groceries
In the spirit of "flattening the curve” during the COVID-19 pandemic, preventative strategies such as self isolating and social distancing by minimizing personal contact with individuals are being recommended by Canada’s Chief Medical Officer to assist in preventing and reducing the spread of the virus.
Cypress County recognizes that there may be county residents who may not have the support of other family members or neighbours to pick up groceries on their behalf.
Therefore, Cypress County is prepared to provide assistance, while the COVID-19 pandemic threat exists, by picking up and delivering groceries (ordered online and paid for by the resident) to county residents through the Go for Groceries program.
How it works
- Register online (form is below) with Cypress County or phone the county office at (403)526-2888.
- County administration will contact the resident to discuss/clarify if the resident is able to place and purchase their grocery order over the internet with a grocery retailer.
- Sign up with an online grocery retailer if you are not already registered with one. Examples: Real Canadian Superstore, Save On Foods
- Shop online, place your order, pick a collection slot between 8:30 a.m.-3:30 p.m., Monday-Friday (this must be at least 24 hours in advance), and pay for your order. Please be aware that once you place your order with the grocery retailer an available pick up time could be a week out as this service is being heavily used, so plan ahead!
- Email the county your order details (including order number, store, collection time, and date) as soon as the order is placed.
- Cypress County staff will pick up and deliver the grocery order to the county resident’s home within the same day and during regular Cypress County work hours and business days.
- Grocery delivery is limited to only those grocery retailers that provide online shopping, ordering, and purchases.
- This is a collection and delivery service only. Cypress County staff will not provide a shopping service, nor will Cypress County pay for the order on behalf of the county resident.
- Grocery deliveries will be made within the regular Cypress County working hours of 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday to Friday. Deliveries will not occur after 4:30 p.m. on weekdays, nor on weekends or holidays.
- All grocery order notifications for pickup and delivery need to be provided to Cypress County 24 hours in advance of collection time, or if collection is required on Monday the county must be notified by the end of day on the Friday prior.
- Only Cypress County staff members will participate and provide the grocery delivery service.
- Cypress County is not responsible for the picking or packing of the groceries therefore cannot be held accountable for any missing or damaged items.
Personal information being collected is for the sole purposes of administering and the delivery of groceries and goods through the grocery delivery program Go for Groceries under the authority of Section 33(c) of the Freedom Of Information and Protection of Privacy (FOIP) Act and will be managed in accordance with the privacy provisions under the FOIP Act. If you have any questions about the collection of this information, please contact Cypress County’s FOIP Coordinator, at 816 – 2nd Avenue, Dunmore, Alberta, T1B 0K3, or by telephone at 403-526-2888.
For more information